How Big Is The Chiropractic Industry?
America has a pain problem and the fastest growing chiropractic franchise is helping them heal
According to a report in Medline Plus, 8 in 10 people will suffer from back pain in their lifetime. From a dull, constant ache to sudden, sharp pain, back issues can become a serious, even lifelong injury for so many people. The American Chiropractic Association, also says that at any given time, more than 31 million Americans are living with back pain. And the problem isn’t going anywhere anytime soon.
Low back pain is the leading cause of global disability, and the factors that can increase the risk for lower back pain are only increasing. With America’s aging population, lower back pain is becoming more common. By 2060, nearly one in four Americans will be 65 years and older, and the number of 85-plus will triple, resulting in increased demands for health care. Also, the rising obesity rate is another huge contributing factor to back pain, which puts more stress on the back. A report in Trust for America’s Health found that nearly 42% of adults in America are obese. And, a 2021 report by Ergonomics Trends found some troubling stats:
- 25% of Americans spend more than 8 hours a day sitting.
- 44% report doing no moderate to vigorous physical activity at all weekly.
- 11% spend 8 hours or more a day sitting whilst doing little leisure-time physical activity.
- Only 4% spend less than 4 hours a day sitting while being active as well.
The American Chiropractic Association also recently published a list of “the most interesting facts about back pain,” and the highlights below are eye opening:
- Worldwide, back pain is the single leading cause of disability, preventing many people from engaging in work as well as other everyday activities.
- Back pain accounts for more than 264 million lost workdays in one year—that’s two workdays for every full-time worker in the country.
- Experts estimate that up to 80% of the population will experience back pain at some time in their lives.
- Back pain is the third most common reason for visits to the doctor’s office, behind skin disorders and osteoarthritis/joint disorders.
- Back pain can affect people of all ages, from adolescents to the elderly.
- Low back pain costs Americans at least $50 billion in health care costs each year—add in lost wages and decreased productivity, and that figure easily rises to more than $100 billion.
Americans want a way to treat pain without unnecessary surgery and prescription drugs
More than any other time in our country’s history, Americans are fed up with prescription drugs and are actively seeking out alternative, holistic methods of care for their ailments. Now, more than half of adults in the U.S. say they use some form of alternative medicine. When it comes to spine issues, chiropractic care is not only an effective, healthier option for the body, it’s also become mainstream.
“Perhaps never before in history has the value of chiropractic’s patient-centered, nondrug, noninvasive approach to pain relief been more apparent and more needed,” according to a report in American Chiropractic Association. “Chiropractic is a part of the solution to the opioid epidemic. Historically, back pain has been one of the most common reasons why opioids were prescribed to patients, yet research shows there is no evidence that opioids provide clinically significant relief to chronic low back pain. As many as one in four people who receive prescription opioids long-term for non-cancer pain in primary care settings struggle with addiction. Meanwhile, a growing body of research shows that early intervention with chiropractic services can have a significant impact on the long-term use of prescription opioid pain medications for some patients.”
The Joint Chiropractic franchise is helping millions of people heal
Founded in 1999, The Joint Chiropractic is leading the way in making chiropractic care an essential and affordable part of health and wellness for millions of people seeking relief from back, neck and joint pain. How do we do it? Well, for starters, one of the greatest barriers in attaining health care in the U.S. is cost. It doesn’t take an expert to tell you the cost of healthcare in America is in a state of crisis, and keeps patients from accessing care. The Joint Chiropractic, on the other hand, was created to make sure every American has access to chiropractic care for their health and wellness, with affordable monthly memberships.
The Joint Chiropractic has also revolutionized access to chiropractic care by not requiring appointments or insurance. Anyone can walk through our doors and be treated within minutes – what other health care provider can boast the same? We’re also conveniently located where people are: in shopping centers, near restaurants and on busy through-ways to make sure our patients don’t have to go out of their way during their busy days to seek care.
“The Joint Chiropractic is at the forefront of a movement,” says Jason Greenwood, CMO of The Joint Chiropractic. “We’re a mission-driven organization that is targeting relief seekers who are in a lot of pain. And more than ever, the consumer wants more control of their health care options. And we offer a natural drug-free solution to pain relief. Our chiropractic care has proven to unlock areas of their lives they previously thought they’d never be able to do again.”